Spiritual Library

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Today (Brad Paisley reference. Get it?)

Baby Jesus is almost here!!

The warm smell of the Christmas tree is a wonderful complement to its outer brilliance. I hear the sound of a hard-working man taking his well-earned, much-needed nap. Looking around, I see happy, smiling faces, signing Christmas cards, reading great books, and reading over my shoulder. I am feeling contentment and peace. Home.

Last night, after the little ones went to bed, we watched The Hunger Games. It was quite enjoyable; although I have to say it was a typical dystopian story- very disturbing, with many tear-worthy occasions. On the downside, I didn't get to bed until after midnight, so today was a bit foggy...

Today was extremely busy. This morning I went with one of my brothers to get a few last-minute supplies for Christmas presents. I have been working on a couple projects this past week- photos to come soon!!!

This afternoon I had a cleaning job and came home to a wonderful family supper. I am so happy to have everyone home!! (Well, everyone for supper except my small-town hero brother who was out saving lives.)

Tomorrow will be an even busier day. I will be working from 9:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the evening. And somewhere in there I need to finish my projects. I have a charming sister leaning over my shoulder asking "What projects? Christmas presents?!?!" But I gleefully answer her that it is not the time of year to be asking questions. :)

Yes, Christmastime is here. Jesus is coming. Empty your heart so He can fill every nook and cranny.

No comments:

Post a Comment